Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, misshapen or overly-spaced teeth. An effective alternative to more expensive crowns, veneers or braces, it addresses dental flaws in a single appointment.
It involves the shaping of a composite resin to eliminate imperfections, without affecting the underlying structure of the tooth.
- Quick treatment process
- No need to remove any of the tooth’s structure
- We pick a composite colour that will match your natural teeth.
- We roughen the tooth to ensure the resin will stick.
- We sculpt the composite so it blends in with the existing structure of the tooth.
- A special light is used to ‘cure’ the composite and we finish off with a polish.
You can ensure teeth treated in this way stay looking good by avoiding food and drink that may stain, such as tea, coffee and red wine. You should also keep on top of your oral hygiene and avoid chewing your nails, pen tops or biting down on hard foods.